Saturday, July 25, 2020

New Titles since Kate Sheppard

Eek! I'm a little behind ... since 'Kate Sheppard: Leading the way for Women' I've had these books published:

This book shows the top five most endangered birds, insects, fish, mammals, reptiles, etc
Inside picture 'On the Brink' by Terry Fitzgibbon

'Ice Breaker!' came out in February 2020


Inside illustrations by Alistair Hughes

This year I'm doing a Masters in Creative Writing with AUT. I'm working on a creative nonfiction novel. James George has been my tutor and he's been great! I'm looking forward to reading the other 10 participants' stories when they're finished. Their stories range from poetry, to short stories, to junior fiction and young adult novels, and a memoir.

Next year I have two books coming out with Scholastic so watch this space ... One of them was supposed to come out in August but because of the pandemic, we've delayed it until February 2021. It's called 'New Zealand Disasters and How we Respond' with Marco Ivancic's stunning illustrations. I'll reveal a cover soon.

The second book comes out later. I finished writing it in February and currently chasing up photographs. All I'll tell you at this stage is that it has to do with animals and we've got a totally different style of artwork in the book.  But I'll keep you in suspense a little while longer for this one.


No comments:

Post a Comment